Here is the complete setup guide for GOtv parental control.
At the close of work, I was just checking my blog backend to see how the users are interacting with the blog.
I found a user using this search string “How to put parental control on GOtv” to visit the blog.
Then I remember I wrote 2 articles relating to GOtv parental control.
But after getting the default PIN handy and even changing it, some users did not know how to go about the entire setup process.
That is the guide I’m about sharing with you NOW.
To set up this feature, you need the know the PIN, if you do not know the PIN you cannot proceed with the setup process.
Now that you know the PIN to your GOtv parental control, let’s get started.
If you’ve ever heard of a warning that “Parental guidance is advised” when some certain programs are about to be aired, there is no better way of doing it than this.
GOtv has got you covered.
You will get the complete setup guide here.
GOtv parental control — Complete setup guide how to put parental control on GOtv
To get started, make sure your decoder is plugged in and powered on to get started.
Once the decoder is fully loaded and the GO channel is playing, there is absolutely no need to switch to the channel you want to block before the block will be active on the channel.
It can be done from any channel, not necessarily the GO channel.
Follow the steps below;
- Tap on the menu button on your GOtv remote control
- Tap on the down arrow button twice to get to “Parental control” menu, then tap “OK” (the middle button)
- Enter the PIN of your GOtv decoder parental control to gain access
- Select the first option (Blocking options) to choose the channel(s) you wish to block
- Now select Global blocking and use the right or left arrow keys to select “Personalise”
- Then scroll down to “Parental guidance settings” use the left or right arrow key again to select “PG”
- Now press the “EXIT” button on the remote control to go back to parental control home screen
- Now is time to select the channels you want to block
- Select the second option in the parental control home screen “Block Channels”
- Now all the channels in your GOtv decoder will be listed
- Use the up or down arrow keys to select any of the channels you wish to block and then press “OK” to confirm it
Please note that each channel you block, there will be a padlock sign aligning to the right of the channel name.
Henceforth, channels locked will no longer be available for viewing.
Each time any of the blocked channels are tried to be viewed, there will be a prompt that the content is blocked, with an option to press OK to unblock it, then the PIN will be required before the channel is unblocked.
It’s as simple as that!
Hope you were able to do it yourself? Let me hear from you.
If you lost your GOtv remote, contact me now. I can refer you to where you can buy it in your locality.